There are so many reasons to love Autumn, the crisp air and long country walks, the comfort food full of warmth, big jumpers and over sized socks and not forgetting, the Autumn drinks to warm your cockles. This homemade spiced apple cider will be a family favourite, and is perfect accompanied with a few biccies and a cozy movie.
- 2 quarts 100% apple juice
- 1 apple unpeeled and cut in half
- 1 small naval orange unpeeled and sliced
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat apple juice over medium heat in a large pot
- Insert the whole cloves into the apple
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, remove the apple halves, orange slices, cinnamon sticks and any clove remnants from the pot.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!